Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Closing a Chapter and Beginning a New

My last day of student teaching was last Friday and graduation is this weekend. I am DONE with school! At the beginning the semester (January) this day seemed so far away, but now when I look back the time has really flown by! There were many hard, difficult days, but I have learned so much about teaching, and it has been a great experience! I could not imagine beginning a teaching career without having student teaching to prepare me. It really helped that I was placed at a great school with a great teacher.

On my last day all the kids gave me some hand made cards (complete with pictures), and wanted me to read them aloud right then and there. They were all very sweet. I sure am going to miss those kids, and hope to be able to drop in for a visit :). Some of the kids even brought in some gifts, and my teacher also gave me a gift of some school supplies and a flash drive (pre-loaded with some of her great resources).

I don't think that being completely done with school has really sunk in yet. Now begins the scary process of entering the "real adult world." I need to continue to work on finding a full time job! I am also hoping to find some work over the summer to make some money for basic needs as well as for traveling to Rancho 3M at the end of July (for more information on that or on how you can pray and help see my blog post below this one).

The chapter of full time college has come to a close. The chapter of working full time as a teacher is, Lord willing, about to begin! Please be praying for me as I search for a job. I would love to get a job for the next school year in a good school! I also would love your prayers that whenever I do get my first teaching job that it would go well, and that I would work diligently. The first year of teaching can be very tough!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: