Thursday, January 2, 2014

Goodbye 2013

This past year has been a very full one for me. It has also had quite the mix of good things and difficult ones (and events that are good and difficult at the same time)!

-I began and completed my student teaching internship in a 3rd grade classroom and graduated from ODU with my Masters in Elementary Education.

-I traveled to Rancho 3M in Guadalupe, Mexico. Unlike in previous years, I was able to spend two whole weeks there!

-Shortly after returning home from Mexico I attended a job fair where I got a job teaching 4th grade at the same school where I student taught! It has been quite the ride since then. The first year has been very, very difficult and stressful. Thankfully there have been bright moments mixed in, and I have really enjoyed getting two weeks off for Christmas. I'm hoping to return on Monday refreshed and energized! I have 23 students in my homeroom, but I only teach reading and writing so I do not have the same kids all day. I teach reading to my homeroom and writing to three classes of students. This makes for a lot of writing to grade, but on the plus side I only have to plan for two subjects.

One of the things that I enjoy about each new year is the feeling of a fresh start. Of being able to look back on the past year (good and bad) and look forward to what may come in the new.  Even though there really isn't much difference between December 31st and January 1st, it feels like there is! I don't have any New Year's "resolutions" per se, but I do have some goals. I would like to spend more time praying and reading my Bible (and learning to trust God more and cast my cares upon Him). I would like to eat healthier and exercise more often. It would even be fun to take up a hobby; getting back into horseback riding, dancing, or a musical instrument.

As we look back on 2013 and look forward into 2014 let us all remember that God has been with us through everything we've been through, and using it for our good and His glory! Not only that, but He has promised to ALWAYS be with us! No matter what comes, He is with us!

No comments: