Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How do you read your Bible?

By now the New Attitude messages have kind of blended together; in other words, I have a hard time remembering who said what when. I still remember several main points and overall themes to the messages however. A main area that I learned in and desire to grow in as a result of this conference is my attitude and treatment of the Bible. I need to be studying it and loving it-not just reading it to check a box as I do sometimes. Also,I need to be memorizing verses to use when I am in temptation-these can also be used to help another person.

I am curious, what do you do for your quite times? Do you just read or do you take notes? How do you take notes? When you memorize verses how do you choose which ones? Please let me know via a comment so that I and/or other readers of this blog can get some ideas of how other people have quite times and I/they may even use some! So give your ideas even if it does not sound very "wonderful" to you...it may still help another.

1 comment:

abbey said...

Hey Natasha! I'm so glad the things you heard at the conferences are impacting your daily time spent with the Lord.

I usually don't take notes when I read my Bible, but I oftentimes have a pen while reading and underline things or jot things down in margins. And one thing that is helpful to me is to take sections of what I read (either a chapter or a couple verses) and write them all out several times. It really helps me remember and meditate more on what I read instead of skimming over it once.

Also if I read a verse that really effects me and I want to remember it or memorize it, I write it out and put it up somewhere I will see it a lot (like near the bathroom mirror :) Those are just a couple things I do that are helpful...