Sunday, January 1, 2012

The New Year and the Old

I had a great time bringing in the New Year with friends at the Hulme's house. Then today, on New Year's Day got to celebrate by worshiping the one who gave this new year and gives us each new day! This past year has been a good year for the most part, though at times stressful especially in the area of school. I wanted to share a few of the highlights from 2011.

Martin Wedding: This was probably my favorite event of the entire year; seeing one of my best friends go from Kaitlin Richards to Kaitlin Martin as she married Drew, the love of her life. Even better, I got to take part in her special day as a bridesmaid!

Mexico: I also got to travel with a team to Rancho 3M in Mexico. It was a hard week; though it was cooler than other years since we went earlier in the year instead of mid-summer it was still very dry and there was lots of work to be done. It was still a very good time, and I so much enjoyed the children as well as getting to know the people on the team a little bit better. God was gracious and protected us all despite the risk of danger in that part of the world.

Next: Later in that same month (May) I was able to go to the Next conference in Orlando. I carpooled with several other people from my care group and it was a long, but fun drive. The conference was amazing and I also enjoyed the fellowship with friends, and making new friends!

Graduation and Christmas; I graduated from undergrad this December, and this Christmas was our first year to get a Christmas tree! You can read more about those in the post below this one.

White wedding; As one of the last events of 2011, I was able to attend Brittany's wedding whom we have known for many, many years. It was a sweet wedding, and I am very happy for her and her new husband as they begin their life together.

So what is to come in 2012? I do not know for sure, but I am looking forward to finding out!

No comments: