Saturday, March 17, 2012

Friend of God

I was singing "You are Holy" the other day. I love the chorus, and one particular thing stuck out to me this time. Here is what it says (this is the woman's part):

"You are Lord of Lords
You are King of Kings
You are mighty God
Lord of everything

You're Emmanuel
You're the Great I Am
You're the Prince of Peace
Who is the Lamb

You're the living God
You're my saving grace
You will reign forever
You are ancient of days

You are Alpha, Omega, beginning and end
You're my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and friend"

Isn't it amazing how with all the things that are true about God (Lord of Lords, King of Kings, mighty God, Lord of everything, Great I Am, beginning and end, etc) that one of the descriptions of Him is FRIEND! He is so vastly greater then us, and yet He is willing to call us friends!

In John 15:15 Jesus says, "No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you"

No comments: