Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Campus Crusade for Christ: Fall Retreat


Last weekend I went on a retreat with Campus Crusade for Christ; we went to Camp Piankatank. Many of the local colleges have Cru groups and there were people there from ODU, TCC, CNU, and W & M. I had a wonderful time! There was good teaching by Roy Baker and Brian Barnett as well as worship, women's group (the guys also had their own group meeting), hilarious games, and lots and lots of fellowship! The fellowship was probably one of the several highlights for me (the others including women's time, skit-in-a-bag, extended worship time, and my morning quite time by the river Sunday morning). The friendships that were built and the new friends that were made were amazing. I hope to keep in touch with many of my new friends! Here are some pictures from the weekend.







We had "Sm'ores Indoors" with this huge fireplace due to their being a ban on outdoor fires because of the dryness






Some favorite quotes from the weekend:

"What were you doing on the night of tonight?"
"Well it happened on a night!"
"Are you wounding?"

And of course Brian's rap! :)

No comments: